This service is for transferring or cloning one WordPress website (up to 1GB) from one hosting system to another, or to/from a sub-directory of your current host. It includes an installation, configuration and lifetime single-domain license to BackupBuddy, the leading WordPress backup software (an $52 value — see Why you need Backup Buddy or equivalent cloud-storage backup for your WordPress site)
- You will need to provide complete access to both your source and destination hosting accounts. If you are not willing to do that, please do not purchase
- This service becomes non-refundable once billable hours have been incurred
- The standard service includes up to two billable hours. Certain sites (about 10%) are not easily transferable without direct root-access interventions of either or both the source and destination hosting support technicians. If that is the case we will advise you, we may not be able to complete the transfer without putting in more hours, and we will not refund you as billable hours would have been incurred in our research.
Instructions for completing the transfer
Please email your product purchase receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org including following information:
- Old site url and WordPress access information (username / password)
- New site url (if different than the above, for instance if you are moving your site to another domain name or else a sub-directory of your current hosting)
- If you have a site already at the new url, please confirm that you want it deleted. If you have data in the new site you want to keep (i.e. media files) please specify that in your request. You would be wise as well to do a complete cPanel backup of the site to be overwritten.
- Hosting (cPanel or other) access to both your new and old host
- For moving a site to same domain on another host, it would be easier if you would send us your domain registrar information (Godaddy, etc) so that we can do the name server change. If you are able to do the name server change yourself, just indicate that. Also please (in this case) indicate whether you have emails configured on the domain, and whether you want us to handle it, or whether you will take care of this yourself
- Anything else that you want us to know (size of the site if you know it, any issue that you have been having, etc)
- If both the source and destination site hosting are on cPanel/WHM systems, and you want to transfer all your sites over, it may be easier to do a cpanel-to-cpanel transfer. We will check if that’s an option and let you know. The advantage of cpanel-to-cpanel transfers is that all your sites, email accounts, and forwarders are transferred in one-go.