First, be aware of the following facts with regards to hosting companies
- Hosts are not all alike — the server load factor will determine the server response time, which has a dramatic affect on your user experience and also affects your SEO ranking.
- Most hosts will suspend your account if you exceed normal usage. Sometimes they will do it unilaterally, and perhaps right in the middle of your product launch. WP Academy will never suspend your account, at worst you may be limited for CPU or I/O usage. In addition we monitor all usage daily and will generally communicate way before you have a real problem.
- WordPress security and performance optimization tends to be time-consuming. Beware of cheap “managed WordPress hosting” companies, since technology is actually not a substitute for a good pair of eyes.
The simple rules that follow should cover 99% of our customer’s needs.
- You can host up to 3 managed sites and unlimited self-managed sites (or domains). See Instructions for hosting an additional domain.
- We’ll start you out with 10 GB disk and 100 GB transfer bandwidth. This is enough for hundreds of WordPress websites.
- Additional disk space is charged $1/mth per GB. Additional bandwidth is generally free, but we may request you use a Content Distribution Network (CDN) such as CloudFlare.
- If your site starts using up inordinate amounts of system resources, we will get in touch with you and attempt to resolve the problem. We will also limit your site’s ability to send email if we detect spam mail activity.
- You have your own cPanel (from which you control all your hosting options and emails), and so you can transfer out your site and cancel our service any time you want.
- Reseller hosting on our servers (i.e. hosting for your web clients) is not normally allowed (a few pro-bono or non-profit clients is fine). If you have web clients its best to have a reseller hosting system that gives them their own cpanels (a courtesy to them in case you disappear). Web designers are encouraged to join our affiliate program.